Monday, July 23, 2007

Squirrels Infiltrate Iran

A group of squirrels were captured in Tehran last week. The rodents were found near the Iranian border, allegedly equipped with eavesdropping devices, according to IRNA. They have been arrested and charged with espionage.

The reaction to the report on Tehran’s streets was varied – from disbelief to assigning guilt for the alleged infraction.

"No, I had not heard about this, but it does not surprise me, foreign countries are always meddling in Iran," said Hassan Mohmmadi, a fast-food vendor.

Mohammadi asked me if I knew where the squirrels were from, and I told him that I didn’t know. Then he came to his own conclusions. "I bet they were British squirrels, they are the most cunning," he replied.

The Blur has learned that the squirrels are in fact from Britain and are a part of the SAS (Super Army Squirrels). The photo above shows the squirrels training for the mission into Iran.

U.K. officials have yet to release a statement on the incident or comment on any possible release/rescue of the squirrels.

This marks the second time this year that Iran has taken British soldiers captive.

Full Story

Thanks for the tip Al!

No comments: