Sunday, April 29, 2007

Fulton Rd Bridge Status Report

We had a Blurtiful turn out for what I guess we could call the first "organized" Blur outing. I want to thank all 15 of you that woke up in time for 5:30A breakfast, especially Sandra and Kim for picking up the tab for my breakfast and offering to running the cameras.

The weather could not have been any better, if you like it cold and rainy that is. The turn out was huge probably around 1000 people showed up.

The bridge implosion was not quite as spectacular as I thought it was going to be. I guess that has something to do with it not quite going as planned and the bridge was not destroyed.

The original blast was supposed to take place at 8A but that was delayed when some people sneaked into the blast site, awesome. When they hit the charges at 8:30A there were a couple blasts but nothing fell. They tried again at 9:30A this time a small part of the bridge fell but most of it was unaffected.

The company conducting the demolition blamed faulty wiring for the blast not working. They finally took out a section of bridge over the train tracks but I was long gone so I did not get any pictures. The blast will be rescheduled Monday when ODOT meets with the blasting company.

Again I want to thank everyone for coming out and enduring the crappy weather and several delays. Hopefully our next outing will be more of a blast.

No comments: